Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, October 30, 2009

Praises, Allie's surgery went great!

Allie did really well with her surgery, and you can already tell such a difference!  She is swollen, but doing great!  The ENT had asked for her ears to be cleaned really well since he couldn't really see them well - they did, and she needed tubes, so they did that while she was under, then started the lip and rhinoplasti surgery.  It started out that we were supposed to be there at 5:15 am for the 7:15 slot - on our way Wednesday night, they called, and said we didn't have to be there until 11:00, for 1:00 surgery - we got there about 10:40, and surgery wound up not starting until 3:30.  What was supposed to be 2-2 1/2 hours turned into almost 4 hours, and we didn't see her again until about 7:20!  We were getting worried!  She had a tough time waking up at first, and just cried and cried.  They gave her a little more medicine to knock her out again - though a much lower dose, and in 15 minutes, she awoke much happier!  After intensive care, they did admit her since the surgery had been so late, and given that we live an hour and a half from the hospital.  She is so sweet - they gave her a bunch of Dora stickers, and she said, "Can I have some for my sister, please?" - the nurses all said "AW" together - funny!  She was a popular little girl in the hospital!  The hospital pre-school teacher came by this morning, and offered Allie the opportunity to go to preschool - she wanted to go, so we did, and she had a great time!  It gave us all something to do while we waited on her discharge papers - we got to leave around 11:30 or so, and BOY are we glad to be home!!  Here are a few pics from our venture...


5 comments:

Marcie said...

I'm glad Allie came through the surgery well. It breaks my heart to see her little face though I know it will be worth it!
I hope the recovery is going well too! Love you all

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Glad to hear that all went well...
Happy Halloween...

Cheri said...

Such sweet pictures. I'm so glad all went well. I'm sure you're glad to have this behind you..until the next one? I hope she continues to heal well.

Cheri

The Landes Family said...

I just want to hug and kiss her. I know it will all be worth it. Squeeze her for me. Love you guys.

Love for Lilly Yin said...

She already looks different! I can't wait to see more pictures. Lilly goes to the cleft dr. tom. I will let you know how it goes!

Leslee (from the beach)